This article explains how to connect WordPress forms with your CRM. If you use Wix, see this article instead.
Connect WordPress forms with your CRM to sync contacts from forms fills to your CRM, record the form submissions on contact records, and track web visits of the contacts. Works with Pipedrive, Copper, and HubSpot CRM.
Supported WordPress forms:
Contact Form 7
WP Forms (Coming in June)
Gravity Forms (Coming in June)
Contact support if you'd like us to add a connection to another form
This article explains how to set up the connection.
How to record Wordpress form submissions in your CRM
1. Once you’ve signed up to an Outfunnel account, go to Outfunnel > App connector , select your CRM and authenticate it.
2. Then, select the WordPress form, click authenticate and follow the on-screen instructions.
Install the Outfunnel WordPress plugin
Add the tracking id, account email, API key and activate the plugin
Confirm the installation and then click on Create connection.
2. Select the form you'd like to track and select which fields or custom fields you’d like to sync to your CRM with field mapping. If the field does not yet exist in your CRM, you need to pre-create this first (automatic field creation coming in Q2 2021).
4. Finally, define how you’d like form submissions to be recorded in your CRM. Currently, Outfunnel can create an activity but we'll be adding the option to update a custom field in Q2.
5. Click on Activate to put the connection live. Fill in a test submission to see the information appear in your CRM. The form submission is recorded in your CRM within 30 seconds:
Tips, observations, and useful definitions
💡 Outfunnel creates a "Form Fill" activity in the CRM automatically. Once a form is filled, a "Form Fill" activity is recorded for the contact in the CRM including the submission details
💡 Outfunnel initiates web tracking from form fills. If you added the tracking code to the WordPress plugin, Outfunnel initiates web tracking from a form fill.
💡 Outfunnel creates the contact in your CRM if the contact does not yet exist in the CRM already. Data from all the fields will be synced over according to your field mapping.
💡 Existing contact fields are not updated. If the contact already exists in your CRM, Outfunnel will not update its fields. The full form submission is available in the created activity.
💡 Edit settings any time. You can change these settings at any time by clicking on the Edit button on the Connection under App connector.