Airtable integration is currently in beta
This article covers:
1. Common frustrations that people have when using other integration platforms to connect Airtable and ActiveCampaign
While other integration platforms do let you add Airtable contacts to ActiveCampaign, it only works when new contacts get added to a table. In order to remove contacts that no longer match the table or sync any field changes to ActiveCampaign, you'd have to create several integrations. This does not only make the management of the sync cumbersome but also results in high monthly bills as each update counts towards your quota.
With Outfunnel, you only need to set up a single integration to keep the contacts synced and updated in ActiveCampaign, at a fraction of the cost.
Connect Airtable and ActiveCampaign, deeply and easily
14-day free trial. No credit card required.
2. How the 2-way Airtable-ActiveCampaign integration works
Sync target Airtable table contacts to ActiveCampaign along with your custom fields.
Keep the two databases in sync going forward. E.g. if a custom field is updated, this is recorded in ActiveCampaign automatically.
3. How to sync contacts between Airtable and ActiveCampaign
1. Once you’ve signed up to an Outfunnel account go to Outfunnel > App connector and authenticate Airtable and ActiveCampaign as per on-screen instructions. Select the tools and click on Create connection.
To obtain the API key, open your Account settings in Airtable and generate an API key if you don’t have one already. Then copy this to Outfunnel.
To obtain the ID of your Airtable base, open the Airtable Standard API page and click on the Airtable base that you want to use. This will open the API page of the base. Copy the id string from the URL:
To obtain the Table name, open the selected base and insert the table name you'd like to use (case insensitive)
2. Choose whether to sync all Airtable contacts from the selected table or only contacts that match an Airtable view.
3. Next, choose which ActiveCampaign list you’d like the contacts synced to. You can sync different Airtable views to different ActiveCampaign lists (e.g. separate email lists for different regions or contact status) or you can sync multiple Airtable views to the same ActiveCampaign list (e.g. a view with New York contacts and San Francisco contacts, all synced to one big newsletter list).
4. Finally, select which columns/ fields you’d like to sync to ActiveCampaign.
If you have multiple Email columns then Outfunnel will automatically select the first Email field type column as the default email address field for the field mapping. You can change this by reordering the columns and place the correct Email column before any others that might exist. Please make sure the correct Email column is selected before activating the connection.
It takes 2-5 minutes for your chosen Airtable contacts to appear in ActiveCampaign.
Multiple option fields need to have the options pre-created in ActiveCampaign (case insensitive).
4. Find out how many events have synced
Once the connection is live, navigate to the Status tab to see key information about the connection, such as when were events last synced and which events have been synced. Please note that each event counts towards your billing quota.
5. Tips, observations, and useful definitions:
💡 Best results with a new list. We recommend setting up a brand new ActiveCampaign list to ensure everything works flawlessly, but syncing data to an already existing list works as well in most cases.
💡 Sync frequency. Outfunnel syncs some data instantly and some every 4 hours (approximately). You can force a sync when you click on the “Sync now” button of the connection in the App connector.
💡 Archived contacts. Outfunnel unarchives contacts in ActiveCampaign once they match the target connection rule segment. To avoid resubscribing archived contacts, simply unsubscribe them from ActiveCampaign, remove them from the Airtable table or choose another Airtable view that excludes these contacts
💡 Make edits in Airtable only. Outfunnel currently treats Airtable as the “single source of truth”, and any changes you make in Airtable will be reflected in ActiveCampaign. This doesn’t work the other way around. If you’d like to edit the contents of a field in ActiveCampaign, please make the changes in Airtable and let Outfunnel take care of syncing this to ActiveCampaign.
💡 Supported field types. Outfunnel currently supports syncing the following field types: text, numbers, single selection fields, multiple selection fields, phone numbers, dates, addresses, and monetary values.
Please note that multiple option fields need to have the options pre-created in ActiveCampaign (case insensitive).
Do you use web forms to collect leads to your lists? See the following integrations to automate lead capture sync to Airtable:
Don't see your preferred web forms listed above? Browse the upcoming connections and sign up for early access.