The Outfunnel tracking code enables our Web tracking feature and lets you monitor which of your leads are visiting your website, where they come from and which pages they visit.
- If you have access to the HTML of your website (or to your content management system), you can complete the steps below yourself.
- If you do not have access to your website's HTML, email this article to your web developer or IT department.
Step 1. Find and copy your Outfunnel tracking code
Navigate to Web tracking page in Outfunnel and find the tracking code displayed in the dark blue box. You may need to click "Show tracking code" if it's not immediately visible.
Please note: the tracking code is different for every Outfunnel account.
Step 2. Paste the code onto each page of your website
You can add tracking code to your website in one of three ways:
- Paste it into the header section of your website between and tags - this way it gets added to each page which features the header.
- Paste it above the closing body tag (between and tags) for each individual page on your website
- Paste it into the footer section of your website between and tags - this way it gets added to each page which features the footer.
Because every website or content management system is structured differently, we can't provide you with exact instructions on how to add tracking code. If you're not sure how to access the HTML code of your site, email this document to your webmaster, IT department, or technical resource.
If you're a Wordpress user, there's a simple way to add the Outfunnel tracking code.
Install the Outfunnel plugin plugin.
Then, activate the plugin and navigate to the Settings area of the plugin. Paste the Tracking ID you'll find in the Web tracking page of Outfunnel (just the long line of numbers and letters, without quotation marks or other code elements) into the Wordpress plugin and click "Save changes".
Outfunnel will display: Web tracking active once you've successfully added the tracking code.
If you're a Google Tag Manager user, theres another simple way to add the Outfunnel tracking code
Even if you're using WordPress, Google Tag Manager (GTM) is still a very sensible way to manage the tracking tags you use on your site. Plus, it allows you to add much more detail to what you can track in Google Analytics.
If you want to add the Outfunnel web tracking tag via GTM, all you need to do is follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Create a new tag in Google Tag Manager
Step 2: Name it "Outfunnel" or something easily recognizable and select Custom HTML as the tag type.
Step 3: Grab your Outfunnel web tracking code from the Web tracking dashboard and paste it into the HTML field in GTM
Step 4: Set the tag to trigger on all pages by setting the trigger type to Page view and have it fire on all pages. Save your new tag and publish your container one it's ready to go.