This article explains how to set up a WordPress Forms-CRM integration. If you use Wix, see this article instead.
Integrate WordPress forms with your CRM to sync contacts from forms fills to your CRM, record the form submissions on contact records, and track web visits of the contacts. Works with Pipedrive, Copper, and HubSpot CRM.
Supported WordPress forms:
Contact Form 7
WP Forms (Coming in Q3)
Gravity Forms (Coming in Q3)
Ninja Forms (Coming in Q4)
Contact support if you'd like us to add a connection to another form
This article explains how to set up the connection and some common reasons why the connection may not be working.
How to record WordPress form submissions in your CRM
1. Once you’ve signed up to an Outfunnel account, go to Outfunnel > App connector , select your CRM and authenticate it.
2. Then, select the WordPress form, click authenticate and follow the on-screen instructions.
Install the Outfunnel WordPress plugin
Add the tracking id, account email, API key and activate the plugin
Confirm the installation and then click on Create connection.
2. Select the form you'd like to track and select which fields or custom fields you’d like to sync to your CRM with field mapping. If the field does not yet exist in your CRM, you need to pre-create this first (automatic field creation coming in Q2 2021).
4. Finally, define how you’d like form submissions to be recorded in your CRM. Currently, Outfunnel can create an activity but we'll be adding the option to update a custom field in Q2.
5. Click on Activate to put the connection live. Fill in a test submission to see the information appear in your CRM. The form submission is recorded in your CRM within 30 seconds:
Common reasons why the connection may not be working
No forms show in the selector even if you have forms created.
This usually happens due to the following reasons:
Your website or WordPress uses a firewall that blocks incoming requests that Outfunnel makes. Please whitelist Outfunnel IP
188.8.131.52and the Port 443 that the system uses to make requests.
A WordPress plugin has disabled REST API that Outfunnel uses to query forms. These plugins are usually optimization plugins like Perfmatters. To resolve, simply enable REST API through the plugin settings.
Form submit activities are not created in the CRM.
Outfunnel creates the Form Submit activity automatically in the CRM and records the activity under the contact that matches the email that was used in the form.
If you don't see the activities in HubSpot, please enable the Outfunnel activity types by heading to a contact profile > Fitler Activities > enable Outfunnel.
If you don't see the activities in Copper, please ensure you have less than 25 activity types as this is the limit in Copper
Our support team is ready to help in case of any issues - simply reach out via the in-app chat.
Tips, observations, and useful definitions
💡 Outfunnel creates a "Form Fill" activity in the CRM automatically. Once a form is filled, a "Form Fill" activity is recorded for the contact in the CRM including the submission details
💡 Outfunnel initiates web tracking from form fills. If you added the tracking code to the WordPress plugin, Outfunnel initiates web tracking from a form fill.
💡 Outfunnel creates the contact in your CRM if the contact does not yet exist in the CRM already. Data from all the fields will be synced over according to your field mapping.
💡 Existing contact fields are not updated. If the contact already exists in your CRM, Outfunnel will not update its fields. The full form submission is available in the created activity.
💡 Edit settings any time. You can change these settings at any time by clicking on the Edit button on the Connection under App connector.