Why is Email health important?
Email is one of the best channels for sales & marketing, when done well. And the different metrics of our Email health tool — from email deliverability to engagement rates — indicate how your emails are performing. In short, the better the email health, the better set your campaigns are for success.
So, Outfunnel's Email health gives you a clear picture of what you're doing well and where your campaigns have room for improvement.
PS. Having poor email health may lead to your account being suspended. This helps us maintain best-in-class email deliverability for our customers.
How does Email health work?
Outfunnel's Email health tool measures the following key metrics, based on emails that were sent out in the last 30 days:
- Open rate: % of people that opened your emails (the number of opened emails divided by the number of delivered emails).
- Click-through rate: % of people who clicked on at least one link in your emails (the number of clicks divided by the number of delivered emails).
- Hard bounce rate: % of emails that bounced undelivered (the number of bounced emails divided by the number of sent emails).
- Unsubscribe rate: % of people that opted out from the mailing list after receiving a campaign (the number of unsubscribes divided by the number of delivered emails).
You can find the Email health tool under Account > Email settings > Email health.
In this view, you can see the metrics for your account, and an indication of how the metrics compare against industry standards. A green checkmark next to a metric means you're all good, while a yellow warning sign means there's room for improvement. A red warning sign means you definitely need to take action to improve the metric.
Additionally, you'll find some pointers for how to improve any of the metrics. Simply click on any metric's tab and look at the "How to improve?" section to find more info.
A few things to note:
- The Email health tool calculates and shows your metrics when you have sent out at least 250 emails with Outfunnel.
- You can read more about email deliverability best practices and email bounce rates on our blog.
- It's still a work in progress. We will continue to improve the tool to make sure it provides value to you. If you find a bug or have feature requests that would make it more useful for you, let us know on email@example.com