Pipedrive, Copper, Hubspot, Salesforce
Starter, Growth, Basic, Professional, Scale
This article covers:
What can you do with the Facebook Lead Ads-CRM connection?
Facebook Lead Ads allow you to run lead generation campaigns on Facebook and Instagram. By default, Facebook collects the new incoming leads on their platform and you can easily download them as a CSV file. Without any integration to the rest of your stack, you’d have to export the CSV and import it to your CRM and/or marketing automation tools.
With the help of Outfunnel, you can make sure all your new leads get added to your CRM automatically, along with all custom fields. In short, the integration will help you save time and drive more sales. More specifically, here’s what it’ll do for you:
Automatically add new leads from Facebook Lead Ads to your CRM (Pipedrive, Copper, Salesforce, Airtable, or HubSpot CRM) — no more manually exporting-importing lists.
Map custom fields, so all the necessary data is synced to your CRM — and sales can easily create custom filters or lists to categorize the incoming leads accordingly.
Record the form fill for your contacts in the CRM, so sales have the full context of the lead.
What you'll need to get started
Facebook account with admin access. Check that you have admin permissions for the page and admin permissions for the ad account.
Facebook leads access. Check that you have leads access in Facebook. Please head to https://business.facebook.com -> Business settings -> Integrations -> Lead Access -> CRM. Add Outfunnel and enable permissions
A CRM account with admin access. Outfunnel supports Pipedrive, Hubspot, Copper, and Salesforce.
At least one lead ad on Facebook. Please ensure you've created at least one lead ad
How to record Facebook Lead Ads form submissions in your CRM
1. Once you’ve signed up to an Outfunnel account, go to Outfunnel > App connector, select your CRM and Facebook Lead Ads, authenticate the apps, and click on Create connection.
2. Select the desired form from the dropdown. If your form is missing, please click on "Refresh fields" —the form should appear in a few moments. If it doesn't please contact support via the in-app chat.
3. Select which fields or custom fields you’d like to sync to your CRM with field mapping. If the field does not yet exist in your CRM, you need to create it first.
Please note regarding custom fields on your forms:
Currently supported: Multiple Choice and Short Answer
Currently not supported: Conditional and Appointment Request.
Facebook Ads-Pipedrive connection setup in Outfunnel
4. Finally, define how you’d like form submissions to be recorded in your CRM. Outfunnel supports creating an activity, a note (Pipedrive only), or updating a field.
5. Click on Activate to put the connection live.
6. You can now test how contacts will be created in your CRM with Facebook developer tools. Please click on "preview form" and use an email address that does not yet exist in your CRM (do not click on "Create lead")
After submitting, the form submission is recorded in your CRM within 30 seconds.
An example of Facebook Lead Ads submissions showing up in Pipedrive CRM.
How to sync CRM segments to Facebook Custom Audiences
Find out how many events have synced
Once the connection is live, navigate to the Status tab to see key information about the connection, such as when were events last synced and which events have been synced. Please note that each event counts towards your billing quota.
Tips, observations, and useful definitions
💡 Outfunnel creates a "Form Fill" activity in the CRM automatically. Once a Facebook Lead Ad form is filled, a "Form Fill" activity is recorded for the contact in the CRM, along with the submission details.
💡 Outfunnel creates the contact in your CRM if the contact does not exist in the CRM already. Data from all the fields will be synced over according to your field mapping.
💡 Existing contact fields are not updated. If the contact already exists in your CRM, Outfunnel will not overwrite its fields. The full form submission is recorded as an activity.
💡 Edit settings any time. You can change these settings at any time by clicking on the Edit button on the Connection under App Connector.
💡 Each Facebook page can only be connected to one Outfunnel account. If you have multiple Outfunnel accounts, you will only be able to connect your page to one of them.