This article covers:
Common frustrations with keeping HubSpot and Sendinblue in sync
When connecting HubSpot to Sendinblue you have two options:
Use a Zapier connection which is universal but difficult to configure, maintain and can get expensive rather quickly. For each contact added, field updated, contact deleted or engagement created you'd need to set up an individual zap with multiple steps to ensure no duplicates are created and the information is synced with the right contacts.
Use HubSpot's Data Sync (Operations Hub) to syncs contacts. While effective, you do need to be on the paid plan to sync custom fields and it does not record email engagements (e.g. email opens, clicks, etc).
Outfunnel's HubSpot-Sendinblue integration is the only one designed for B2B companies who want 2 key things from a sales-marketing integration:
Keep sales and marketing contacts in sync and
Automatically record marketing engagement in HubSpot for the salespeople to see.
Our integration syncs your HubSpot contacts to Sendinblue, keeps the lists up to date and records all email engagement as activities on the contact profiles in HubSpot.
With just a 10-minute, no code setup your marketing can use the contact lists defined in HubSpot for their campaigns and give sales full visibility into leads' engagement, so they can sell smarter.
Connect HubSpot and Sendinblue today
14-day free trial. No credit card is required.
What data does Outfunnel sync between HubSpot and Sendinblue
Contacts and companies
Make all HubSpot contacts or subset(s) you define with lists available in a Sendinblue list, along with your custom contact and company fields.
Keep the two databases in sync going forward. E.g. if a custom text field is updated in HubSpot, this is updated in Sendinblue automatically.
Sync Sendinblue contacts to HubSpot when they subscribe or when they open or click an email campaign (Coming soon)
Record Sendinblue email engagement on HubSpot contact profiles. Outfunnel supports sends, opens, clicks, bounces and unsubscribes.
Set up contact sync
Sync contacts from HubSpot to Sendinblue and create contacts in Hubspot from new Sendinblue subscribers.
1. Authenticate your apps. Head to Outfunnel > App connector, select HubSpot and Sendinblue and authenticate as per on-screen instructions if you haven't done so already. Sendinblue API key can be found under Account > SMTP & API > Generate API key.
2. Select the connection type. Click on Connect and choose Contact sync as the connection type
3. Set up contact sync rules. You can set up the contact sync from HubSpot to Sendinblue or Sendinblue to HubSpot.
Sync contacts from HubSpot to Sendinblue. Choose whether to sync all Hubspot contacts or only contacts you’ve in a specific list. Then select the Sendinblue list you'd like to sync them to.
You can sync different HubSpot lists to different Sendinblue lists (e.g. separate email lists for different regions or pipeline stages) or you can sync multiple HubSpot lists to the same Sendinblue list (e.g. a list with open Deals for each sales rep, all synced to one big newsletter list).
Coming soon: Sync contacts from Sendinblue to HubSpot. Choose a list that you'd like to record new subscribers to HubSpot as contacts and specify the owner.
Once the contact is created in HubSpot, a "Contact Created" activity is added under the contact profile.
4. Set up field mapping. Navigate to the field mapping step to select which fields or custom fields you’d like the sync to consider. You can choose up to 30 fields from all your Person and Organization fields and custom fields.
5. Activate. Activate the connection. The first sync can take up to 15 minutes based on the number of contacts in the sync. The sync runs every 4 hours automatically thereafter or you can trigger an instant sync anytime by clicking on Sync now.
Outfunnel syncs around 100 contacts per minute so depending on the number of contacts it may take time before your selected HubSpot contacts appear in Sendinblue.
If a contact is deleted or removed from the segment in HubSpot, Outfunnel removes the contact from the respective list in Sendinblue. The contact still remains in the overall contact database in Sendinblue.
Please note that Sendinblue’s default SMS field only accepts numbers that match one of the following formats:
If the field doesn't exist in Sendinblue yet, you need to create this first (automatic field creation coming in soon).
Set up engagement sync
Outfunnel supports recording engagement from Sendinblue single email campaigns. Unfortunately, automations and transactional emails are not supported as Sendinblue does not provide access to these via API. We recommend reaching out to Sendinblue to request this as a feature. If you've already set up a connection, skip to the second step.
1. Authenticate your apps. Head to Outfunnel > App connector, select the two apps, and authenticate as per on-screen instructions if you haven't done so already. Sendinblue API key can be found under Account > SMTP & API > Generate API key.
2. Select the connection type. Click on Connect and choose Engagement sync as the connection type
3. Choose the audience. Choose the Sendinblue lists for which you’d like to record email engagement (opens, clicks, unsubscribes, etc).
4. Define how engagement gets recorded. Then define how you’d like email activities like opens, clicks, bounces, or unsubscribes recorded in HubSpot – or simply use our default settings.
5. Set up field mapping. When Outfunnel syncs an engagement for a contact that does not yet exist in HubSpot, a new contact is created with the defined field mapping. Navigate to the field mapping step to select which fields or custom fields you’d like the sync to consider.
6. Activate. Activate the connection. Outfunnel only records engagement from emails that have been sent after activating the connection. The sync runs every 4 hours automatically thereafter or you can trigger an instant sync anytime by clicking on Sync now.
Important: The engagements that Outfunnel creates might be hidden at first in HubSpot. Here's how to make them visible:
Make sure you have set up the automation and sent out at least one email campaign from Sendinblue.
Open any contact profile in HubSpot and click on "Filter activity" option on the top of the timeline.
Under the Integrations section, enable "Outfunnel" (if Outfunnel is not yet visible but you have sent out a campaign, the data sync might have not happened yet. Just open the connection and click on "Sync now". The activities will be created in the next 10 minutes.)
The engagement sync happens in near real-time so it gets synced to HubSpot as soon as an engagement is recorded in Sendinblue
Monitor synced contacts and engagements
Once the connection is live, navigate to the Status tab to see key information about the connection, such as when the last sync ran and which events have been synced.
Tips, observations, and useful definitions
💡 Outfunnel supports two ways to manage your contacts between HubSpot and Sendinblue
Option A. Master database of all contacts in HubSpot, contacts synced to Sendinblue for emailing via Outfunnel. To enable this, first collate your whole contact list (HubSpot + Sendinblue) into HubSpot and sync all contacts or a selection you define with HubSpot lists, into Sendinblue with Outfunnel.
Option B. Contact list in Sendinblue is separate from the prospect/customer list in HubSpot. If a contact, defined by their email address, exists in both HubSpot and Sendinblue, we log email engagement to HubSpot to the right contact.
💡 Best results with a new list. We recommend setting up a brand new Sendinblue List to ensure everything works flawlessly, but syncing data to an already existing list works as well in most cases.
💡 Sendinblue's "Segments" beta feature is currently not supported. When sending out your campaigns, make sure that you're sending them to a list, not a segment.
💡 Sync frequency. Outfunnel syncs some data instantly and some every 4 hours (approximately). You can force a sync when you click on the headline of an Automation and then click the “Sync events now” button.
💡 Unsubscribe recording. Outfunnel only records end-user initiated unsubscribes in HubSpot and manual unsubscribes in Sendinblue are not recorded. When a contact is unsubscribed manually but they still match a list in HubSpot that is targeted by a connection, then Outfunnel will resubscribe them in Sendinblue. If you'd like to manually remove a contact in Sendinblue, they need to be permanently deleted under the contact profile in Sendinblue.
Learn more about the best ways to manage unsubscribes and bounces.
💡 Single source of truth is HubSpot. Outfunnel currently treats HubSpot as the “single source of truth”, and any changes you make in HubSpot will be reflected in Sendinblue. This doesn’t work the other way around. If you’d like to edit the contents of a field in Sendinblue, please make the changes in HubSpot and let Outfunnel take care of syncing this to Sendinblue.
💡 Supported campaign types. Outfunnel currently supports single email campaigns. Unfortunately, automations and transactional emails are not supported as Sendinblue does not provide access to these via API. We recommend reaching out to Sendinblue to request this as a feature.
💡 All engagement is recorded as a new activity type in HubSpot. This applies to sends, opens, clicks, bounces, and unsubscribes. All of these types are easily filterable in HubSpot allowing you to create a list of people based on engagements.
Do you use web forms to collect leads to your lists? See the following integrations to automate lead capture sync to HubSpot:
Don't see your preferred web forms listed above? Browse the upcoming connections and sign up for early access.