Facebook Custom Audiences allow you to run campaigns for audiences that are based on your customer lists. You can target customers who have purchased before or leads that have slipped away. Additionally, Facebook can generate lookalike audiences who are similar to your customer list so that you can generate new leads.
Instead of manually uploading your customer list to Facebook Custom Audiences, Outfunnel keeps the customer list up to date on Facebook so that your campaigns are optimized to target the right leads. In short, the integration will help you save time and drive more sales. More specifically, here’s what it’ll do for you:
Automatically add new contacts from your CRM (Pipedrive, Copper, HubSpot) to a Facebook Custom Audience - no more manual importing of lists.
Updating contacts to a Facebook Custom Audience does not restart the campaign learning process - no risk that changes in your target audience would impact your already well-oiled campaigns.
What you'll need to get started
Facebook account with admin or advertiser access. Check that you have admin or advertiser permissions for the page and admin permissions for the ad account.
A CRM account with admin access. Outfunnel supports Pipedrive, Hubspot, and Copper.
Existing Facebook Custom Audiences with at least one contact. Please ensure you've created the Facebook Custom Audience based on a customer list to update with at least one contact in it.
How to update Facebook Custom Audiences from your CRM?
1. Once you’ve signed up to an Outfunnel account, go to Outfunnel > App connector, select your CRM and Facebook Custom Audiences, authenticate the apps, and click on Create connection.
2. Select the Custom Audience from the dropdown. If your Custom Audience is missing, please click on "Refresh fields" —the Custom Audience should appear in a few moments. Only customer list based audiences are supported. If it doesn't please contact support via the in-app chat.
3. Select which CRM contact you would like to send to the Custom Audience. The lists available for syncing are based on the filters set up in your CRM.
Please note that the only identifier used is the primary email of the lead.
CRM-Facebook Custom Audiences setup in Outfunnel
4. Click on Activate to put the connection live.
5. Your contacts will now be sent to Facebook Custom Audiences every 24 hours. Please note that Facebook hashes the list into anonymized code so the sync usually takes about 4 hours to appear in your Custom Audiences on Facebook.
An example of Facebook Custom Audience updates showing up in Ads Manager.
Tips, observations, and useful definitions
💡 Outfunnel updates contacts in your Custom Audience automatically. Once a Custom Audience is created in Facebook Ad Manager, you can keep any of them up to date with the Outfunnel integration.
💡 Updating contacts does not restart the campaign learning phase. Outfunnel keeps your Custom Audiences up to date without impacting the progress of ongoing campaigns.
💡 Edit settings any time. You can change these settings at any time by clicking on the Edit button on the Connection under App Connector.
💡 Each Facebook page can only be connected to one Outfunnel account. If you have multiple Outfunnel accounts, you will only be able to connect your page to one of them. Please reach out to support if you'd like to connect multiple pages.