Here are some of the reasons why contacts are not syncing and engagement is not recording as expected:
My Outfunnel account is not syncing contacts from the CRM to the marketing tool
- Data sync is scheduled but not yet completed. Outfunnel is not (yet) real-time but runs the sync every 4 hours or so. That said, you can force a sync any time when you click “Sync now” on the connection.
- Email field is incorrect. Mailchimp API rejects any contacts with a missing or erroneous email address.
- Duplicate email. If you have several emails in your CRM with the same email address, we only sync the contact that Outfunnel finds first. Our suggestion is to merge the duplicate contacts in the CRM to fix the issue.
- No admin rights. If Outfunnel has been connected to a non-admin CRM user, we won’t be able to sync private contacts. To solve this, please reconnect Outfunnel with an admin user.
- Field requirements on Mailchimp side. If Mailchimp has been configured to require certain fields filled, and the corresponding fields are empty in the CRM, Mailchimp API rejects these contacts.
- Contact has been deleted. After you delete and remove a contact from a Mailchimp Audience, you won’t be able to add them back to the same Audience. The solution is to subscribe this contact to a new Audience.
- Damaged data connections. Finally, sometimes making changes to fields or contents of fields that are synced via Outfunnel on the marketing tool end may result in partially disabling Outfunnel automations.
My Outfunnel account is not syncing any data from the marketing tool to CRM
- No CRM to marketing tool connection. Currently, Outfunnel only records email data and web visits for those marketing tool contacts that have been synced from the CRM with Outfunnel. This means you need to first create an connection between your CRM and marketing tool. See guides for how to set up connections
Pro tip: We recommend that you first collate your whole contact list (CRM + marketing tool) into your CRM and then sync all the contacts, or a segment you define.
I have installed the website tracking code but I am not seeing any web visits
- Mailchimp e-Commerce link tracking not enabled. Outfunnel uses Mailchimp’s e-commerce link tracking to match email addresses to website visitors. This means that you need to tick “e-commerce link tracking” on the Mailchimp campaign every time you send out a newsletter
- No campaigns sent. We can track the leads once you’ve sent out an email campaign.
- No CRM-marekting tool connections. We can only store website visits on your CRM contact profiles once you’ve created a two-way sync between your CRM and marketing tool. See guides for setting up such connections.
Couldn’t find a solution? Contact us at email@example.com and we’ll help you out.