Outfunnel’s email marketing tool lets you send single email campaigns and automated email sequences, then have your engagement stats synced directly to Copper.
The topics covered in this article are:
- Connecting Outfunnel to Copper
- Sending Outfunnel email campaigns to Copper contacts
- Selecting Copper contacts in Outfunnel
- Check your email engagement data in Copper
- Tracking web visits
Connecting Outfunnel to Copper
In order to allow Outfunnel and Copper to talk to each other, you’ll need to create a special key – your API key – in Copper and then add that to Outfunnel.
Please note that, in Copper, you can only create an API key if you’re an account administrator.
- Head over to Copper and login to your account
- In the left sidebar, click on Integrations (if you don’t see this, then you probably don’t have the right access level – speak with the account owner to either make you an admin or have them follow the rest of these steps)
- Click on API Keys
- Click Generate API Key
- Copper will then generate an API key for you. It’s also a good idea to give the key a label, particularly if you plan on integrating with more than one other platform. NB Keep this key super-safe!
- Copy the API key and then head back over to Outfunnel
- Go to Account > Integrations and, next to Copper, click Connect
- Paste the key into the API key field and add the email address you use to login to Copper.
- Finally, click Save
Where to find your API key in your Copper dashboard
And this is where you need to add it in Outfunnel
Copper and Outfunnel are now connected and ready to talk to each other. The next step is to create an email campaign.
Sending email campaigns to Copper contacts
Outfunnel allows you to create two types of email campaign:
- Single email campaigns – a one-off email that will be sent to anyone that matches the targeting criteria at the time of sending the campaign. Suitable for announcements, invites, sharing new content, etc.
- Multi-stage email sequences – a multi-stage, drip campaign that will be launched for existing users and/or new users, as they are added to the list. Great for automating lead nurturing or follow-ups.
Pick the type of campaign that best suits your aim.
Picking your Copper contacts in Outfunnel
When creating an email campaign in Outfunnel, whether it’s a single or multi-stage campaign, you’ll need to choose who is going to receive those messages.
You can choose the recipients for campaigns based on three conditions in Copper:
- Lead Status (eg. New, Unqualified, Qualified, etc.)
- Contact Type (eg. Potential Customer, Current Customer)
- Tag (eg. WebinarAttendee, Tradeshow19Nov, etc.)
If you want to filter using a different field, we’re open to suggestions.
So, say for example you have a Lead Status in Copper called “New lead”. Selecting that in Outfunnel will result in that message being sent out to everyone who matches that criterion.
Please note that if you’re sending a Sequence campaign and someone matches the relevant criterion (For example Contact Type or Tag) at the time of sending the first email, but stops matching the criterion before subsequent emails are sent, then they will be automatically unsubscribed from receiving that campaign.
Personalizing emails with data from Copper
If you want to add a dash of personalization to your emails (tip: you should!), you can select from a list of the most commonly used fields as well as any custom fields you may have added to Copper yourself.
Syncing email engagement data to Copper
Once you’ve sent your email campaign, all your email engagement data will be automatically synced to Copper as an Activity.
By having easy access to your email marketing data from within Copper, you can streamline your sales process and quickly focus on the hottest leads. For example, you could build a call list from only those Leads or Contacts that have opened or clicked the latest campaign.
All of your engagement stats are synced as Activities in Copper, meaning you can create filters or view reports that use this data, for example:
- Get a quick overview of your engagement stats by going to the Activity tab in the Company Dashboard. You can also use this view to check individual engagement events for each contact.
- You can also use the People view to create a filter based on opens/clicks etc. Go to People > Show filters (the small filter icon in the top right-hand corner) > Activity type. Don’t forget to click Save Filter once you’re done creating it!
Syncing between Copper and Mailchimp
If you’re looking to sync data between Mailchimp and Copper, we hear you.
We are already working on an update to allow this and will be announcing more details in the near future.
Tracking web visits
Web visitor tracking is great if you want to prioritize or segment leads who have visited specific pages on your site.
If your sending emails from Outfunnel, and have your own website, you can also enable Outfunnel’s web visitor tracking. This will allow you to have web visit data added to Copper contacts once they’ve clicked on one of your email links.