Our website visitor tracking feature, or simply Web tracking as we call it, shows you which leads are visiting your website, where they come from, and which pages they've been on.
This way you’ll know who appears more interested in your products and services, what they’re interested in, whether they’re more likely to buy and which channel converts best.
Web visitor tracking is also a key part of our lead scoring feature, allowing you to save time by focusing only the highest scoring leads.
Outfunnel matches website visitors to your contacts in one of two ways:
- When people click on emails sent from Outfunnel or from Mailchimp.
- When people fill in a Mailchimp or Gravity Forms form on your website (more forms added soon)
If there is form you'd like us to track, let us know and we'll add it on our to-do list.
Step 1. Add Outfunnel tracking code on your site.
You’ll find your tracking code in the Web tracking section of your Outfunnel account. Read more about how to install website visitor tracking code to your site.
Step 2. Start sending email campaigns from Outfunnel or Mailchimp or implement Mailchimp forms or Gravity Forms on your website.
If you’re using Outfunnel to send marketing emails and/or Mailchimp forms or Gravity Forms to collect leads, website visitors will automatically be matched to contacts when people click on links included in any emails or fill in a form.
If you’re using Mailchimp to send marketing emails, see further information at the end of this article.
PS. The more people click on your emails or fill in the form, the more people Outfunnel can identify, so we recommend sending a campaign or two with a very attractive call-to-action or offer to increase the number of people we can identify.
Step 3. See website visits in Outfunnel
You’re then ready to start seeing website visits from leads who have clicked on at least one Outfunnel or Mailchimp campaign or filled in a Mailchimp form. We’ll show you the time of the visit and the pages visited.
Step 4. Sync website visits and contact source information to your CRM
Go to Outfunnel > Automations and click Website visits. This automation allows you to configure web visit and contact source recording in the CRM.
- Web visits provide a great overview of what the leads are interested in and help to qualify your leads.
- Contact source shows how your leads first landed on your website. This can be through a referral, a newsletter or simply direct traffic. For best results we recommend to use UTM tags for you email campaigns, ads and any external links you share.
To help to quantify this better for your business, we'll be soon releasing a channel report that shows you which channels have led to the highest conversion.
In order to increase usefulness to salespeople we post web visits and the contact source information to the CRM with a 30-minute delay, so we can list all pages visited within the first half an hour, and the duration of looking at each page.
Step 5. Stay GDPR compliant
We’ve provided further instructions in this article
💡 When a form is filled, Outfunnel will create the contact record in your CRM
What to keep in mind when you’re using Mailchimp to send marketing emails (and would like to use our web tracking feature)
- Because we’re using Mailchimp’s e-commerce link tracking feature, you must have your Mailchimp account linked with Outfunnel. You can do that if you navigate to Connections section in Outfunnel and follow instructions there.
- Outfunnel uses Mailchimp’s e-commerce link tracking to match email addresses (and so, your leads) to website visitors. All you have to do to start tracking website visitors is to tick “E-commerce link tracking” every time you send out a campaign.
First find Settings & Tracking as you’re composing a new campaign, and click Edit.
Then tick the e-commerce link tracking checkbox.
Please note that e-commerce link tracking can be activated for both one-off campaigns and automated campaigns. For the latter, navigate to Campaigns > Ongoing and click on the name of the automated campaign. Then click on Edit Workflow Settings and tick the e-commerce link tracking checkbox.