Note: You need to be on Calendly Professional plan to connect Calendly with your CRM. If you are not on the Professional plan, please reach out via Outfunnel's in-app chat for consultation.
This article covers:
Works with Pipedrive, Copper and Airtable. HubSpot CRM support coming soon.
Common frustrations when using other tools to connect Calendly and your CRM
The native calendar sync CRMs offer usually only syncs meetings for existing contacts and there is no configurability to select which meetings to sync.
Automation tools like Zapier and Automate.io get costly, as you need to set up multiple Zaps/Tasks for each action and create multiple steps per Zap/Task to prevent duplicate contacts or records.
Calendly's native integration is only available for HubSpot and it does not offer custom field mapping (unless you're HubSpot Professional or Enterprise plan and set it up with HubSpot Workflows).
Connect your CRM and Calendly, deeply and easily
14-day free trial. No credit card required.
What can you do with the Calendly-CRM connection?
Calendly is a great tool to help you schedule meetings professionally and efficiently, eliminating the hassle of back-and-forth emails. By default, Calendly links to your calendar but does not sync the meeting activity or the new contacts to your CRM for your sales team to see and keep track of.
With the help of Outfunnel, you can make sure all your Calendly meetings get recorded in your CRM automatically, along with all custom fields. In short, the integration will help you save time and drive more sales.
More specifically, here’s what it’ll do for you:
Automatically add new contacts from Calendly to your CRM (Pipedrive, Copper, Airtable, or HubSpot CRM) — no more manually adding contacts to the CRM
Map custom fields, so all the necessary data is synced to your CRM — and sales can easily create custom filters or lists to categorize contacts accordingly
Record the meeting activity for your contacts in the CRM, so sales have the full context.
(Coming soon) Update CRM activity based on cancellation and rescheduling
(Coming soon) Understand where leads come to your website from and track their web visits
(Coming soon) Hubspot CRM support
How to record Calendly meetings in your CRM
1. Once you’ve signed up to an Outfunnel account, go to Outfunnel > App connector, select your CRM and Calendly, authenticate the apps, and click on Create connection
2. Select the desired meeting type from the dropdown. If your meeting type is missing, please click on "Refresh fields" — the meeting type should appear in a few moments. Please note that only Calendly admins can see other user and team meeting types. If you still don't see the desired meeting types please contact support via the in-app chat.
3. Select which fields or custom fields you’d like to sync to your CRM with field mapping. If the field does not exist in your CRM yet, then you need to create it first.
Calendly-Pipedrive connection setup in Outfunnel
4. Finally, define how you’d like meetings to be recorded in your CRM. Currently, Outfunnel can create an activity from new meetings. Soon, we'll also add support for updating the existing activity when a meeting has been cancelled or rescheduled.
5. Click on Activate to put the connection live. You can now test how contacts will be created in your CRM with the activity by booking a Calendly meeting. After submitting, the contact is created and event is recorded for the contact in your CRM within 30 seconds.
An example of Calendly meeting showing up in Pipedrive CRM.
Tips, observations, and useful definitions
💡 Outfunnel uses the default "Meeting" activity in your CRM. If the meeting activity has been deleted, it is recreated automatically
💡 Outfunnel creates the contact in your CRM if the contact does not exist in the CRM already. Data from all the fields will be synced over according to your field mapping.
💡 Existing contact fields are not updated. If the contact already exists in your CRM, Outfunnel will not overwrite its fields. All the meeting details are recorded in the activity under the person.
💡 Edit settings any time. You can change these settings at any time by clicking on the Edit button on the Connection under App Connector.
💡 Rescheduling and cancellation support coming soon. Please reach out via the in-app chat for early access.
💡 Web tracking support is coming soon for Calendly forms on your website. This enables you to see where the lead initially came to your website from and track their visits.