Linkedin Lead Gen Forms allow you to run lead-generation campaigns on Linkedin. By default, Linkedin collects the new incoming leads on their platform and you can easily download them as a CSV file. Without any integration to the rest of your stack, you’d have to export the CSV and import it to your CRM and/or marketing automation tools.
With the help of Outfunnel, you can make sure all your new leads get added to your CRM helping you save time and drive more sales. Here's what it does:
Automatically add new leads from Linkedin Lead Gen Forms to your CRM (Pipedrive, Copper, Salesforce, or HubSpot CRM) — no more manually exporting-importing lists.
Map custom fields, so all the necessary data is synced to your CRM — and sales can easily create custom filters or lists to categorize the incoming leads accordingly.
Record the form fill for your contacts in the CRM, so sales have the full context of the lead.
What you'll need to get started
Account manager access. Check that you have Account Manager permissions for the Linkedin Campaign manager
Ensure you have at least one Lead Gen Form created.
A CRM account with admin access. Outfunnel supports Pipedrive, Hubspot, Copper, and Salesforce.
How to record Linkedin Lead Gen Forms submissions in your CRM
1. Go to Outfunnel > App connector, select your CRM and Linkedin Lead Gen Forms, authenticate the apps, and click on Create connection.
2. Select the desired form from the dropdown. If your form is missing, please click on "Refresh fields" —the form should appear in a few moments. If it doesn't please contact support via the in-app chat.
3. Select which fields or custom fields you’d like to sync to your CRM with field mapping. If the field does not yet exist in your CRM, you need to create it first.
Linkedin Lead Gen Forms - Pipedrive connection setup in Outfunnel
4. Finally, define how you’d like form submissions to be recorded in your CRM. Outfunnel supports creating an activity, a note (Pipedrive only), or updating a field.
5. Click on Activate to put the connection live.
6. You can now test how contacts will be created in your CRM by submitting a test form submission. Here's how:
Open the Ad page with the Lead Gen form
Click on the ad to see the preview in a new tab
Fill in the form and submit
7. After submitting you should see a contact getting created based on the field mapping (if a contact with the same email did not exist) and a form-fill activity created with the submission within 30 seconds.
An example of Linkedin Lead Gen Forms submissions showing up in Pipedrive CRM.
Find out how many events have synced
Once the connection is live, navigate to the Status tab to see key information about the connection, such as when were events last synced and which events have been synced. Please note that each event counts towards your billing quota.
Tips, observations, and useful definitions
💡 Outfunnel creates a "Form Fill" activity in the CRM automatically. Once a Linkedin Lead Gen Forms submission is filled, a "Form Fill" activity is recorded for the contact in the CRM, along with the submission details.
💡 Outfunnel creates the contact in your CRM if the contact does not exist in the CRM already. Data from all the fields will be synced over according to your field mapping.
💡 Existing contact fields are not updated. If the contact already exists in your CRM, Outfunnel will not overwrite its fields. The full form submission is recorded as an activity.
💡 Edit settings any time. You can change these settings at any time by clicking on the Edit button on the Connection under App Connector.