Our email marketing tool lets you send one-off email campaigns as well as automated email sequences that integrate seamlessly with CRMs, like Pipedrive, Hubspot, and Copper
Once you send out an email campaign all of your email engagement data, like opens, clicks and replies, will be synced to your CRM, automatically.
Before you send out your first campaign
Before diving right in and creating your first email single email campaign, there’s a couple of things you need to do.
1. Define the recipients of your campaign
- Pipedrive users: select the public People filter that you've defined in Pipedrive. Learn more.
- Copper users: select a Tag, Contact type, or Lead status. Learn more.
- Hubspot CRM users: select the List that you've created in Hubspot. Learn more.
- Outfunnel segments: select an event-based segment or a contact import from .csv
2. Authenticate your domain (optional, but highly recommended)
If you want to keep your emails out of your recipients’ spam folder, we highly recommend verifying your domain. This way, email providers and clients can be confident the message was sent by us with your permission. Learn more about authenticating your domain.
3. Set up reply tracking
This helps to fully understand the success of your campaigns. Learn more
How to send out a single email campaign
1. Go to Outfunnel > Campaigns and click on the green “Create new campaign” button
2. In the Basics section, you can give your single email campaign a name, enter the name displayed as an email sender and choose the recipients (based on the Pipedrive filters; Copper tags, contact types or lead statuses; Hubspot CRM lists; Outfunnel segments)
Please note that you can only use emails from the same domain that you registered your Outfunnel account with as the “from email”. If you’d like to use another domain, please contact our support.
3. In the Compose section, you can enter a subject line and use the rich text editor to, that’s right, compose the email.
- You can format text, add links and images, and personalize the email with “merge fields”. When you click on “Personalize”, you’ll see a list of all your Person and Organization fields from your CRM you can use to personalize emails with.
- If you'd like to send emails with more elaborate designs, you can import any email template into Outfunnel. First, create a template and then select the HTML editor from the Template dropdown. Learn more about using custom design/HTML in Outfunnel.
- Outfunnel adds an unsubscribe link to the footer of each email. In most jurisdictions, it’s against the law to remove this link, so it’s not possible to send a campaign without it. That said, you’re welcome to change the wording to suit your needs.
4. Finally, if you click on Review and settings you can do a final review of the email. If you’d like to change anything in the email, you can go back to previous steps by clicking on the “Basics” and “Compose” links at the bottom of the page.
You can also send yourself (or a colleague) a test email if you press the obviously named “Send test email” link in the top right corner.
If all looks good, click on “Send campaign” and confirm this action in the dialog window that appears. That’s it!
To resend a single email campaign, duplicate it from the Campaigns dashboard, and click “Duplicate” in the more options menu.
How to get insights on email campaign performance
- Basic information about the number of emails sent, open rate, and click rate is visible in the Campaigns page for all sent campaigns.
- For reply tracking, please set up email forwarding. Read more.
- If you've connected your CRM, you also have access to the Conversion report that shows you how many deals have been created and won for this campaign.
By clicking on the name of a campaign or the “More options” icon (the one with three dots) you’ll get access to more detailed stats, including bounces and unsubscribes. Information about email engagement will also be automatically recorded in your CRM (see below).
A couple of things to keep in mind:
💡 Use our automated email sequences feature if you’re looking to create a lead nurturing or drip campaign instead.
💡 Track responses. We highly recommend to activate reply tracking to better gauge the success of your campaigns.
💡 Outfunnel automatically records email engagement in the Contact view in your CRM (and also Deal view in the case of Pipedrive). The default settings are:
- Emails opened, clicked, bounced, unsubscribed are recorded as a custom activity (that you can later filter in your CRM)
- Emails sent are recorded as a Note
💡 We strongly recommend you “warm-up” your email address with Outfunnel for maximum deliverability. If you’re sending campaigns to several thousand or tens of thousands of contacts at a time, we’d suggest starting with a few smaller campaigns first.
For example, with a list of 10,000 contacts, send a campaign to 250 people on week 1, 500 people on week 2, 750 people on week 3, 1300 people on week 4, etc. Read more about IP warming and more tips for improving email deliverability.
💡 Unsubscribe means unsubscribe. Any contacts that unsubscribe are automatically removed from the list of people you can send emails to via Outfunnel, even if they match the filter you’d like to send the next campaign to.
💡 If you use Outfunnel to send emails, you can also automatically get the benefits of our web tracking feature as well as lead scoring. This way you’ll see what leads do on your website, and have this recorded in your CRM as well.
💡 Are you missing important critical email functionality? We hear you. We’re making the email feature better every day (and that’s literally, and sometimes including weekends.) If you’re missing something, there’s a good chance we’re working on this already. If you have specific questions, please give us a shout.